Singing Fundamentals | 4-Week Online Course Fundraiser
Time & Location
About the Event
>>>REGISTER TO PAY FOR THIS EVENT ON THE SINGING FUNDAMENTALS WEBPAGE
This course is an opportunity for you to develop new skills that will help you be more confident when you sing. You will learn about how your voice works, how breathing and posture impact sound, and how to bring it all together so that you will feel good about singing out at home, at karaoke, or in a choir or community setting. Our hope is that this practical course will give you the courage to lift your voice more often and lift your heart in these difficult times.
- Gain new confidence to sing.
- Understand how your voice works so that you know how to improve it.
- Engage in a community as we work together.Support our cause, learn to sing, and meet new people!
This course is also an opportunity for you to support this special choir community and help us to continue our mission in these unprecedented times. We had to cancel our March 28th Fundraiser, which raises 20% of our annual budget. This online course allows us to both serve our community and fill part of this shortfall. Additionally, every donation of at least $99 will help us give access to this educational material to at least one person with need.
We hope you will consider participating in this course by donating to this online fundraiser so that we can continue to make music to heal and strengthen our community.
Week 1: It Starts with a Breath
THURSDAY, MAY 7TH
- How singing makes us feel, basic neuroscience of how music impacts us, how we use our voice in all aspects of life, mindset for developing a talent; - Explanation of breathing mechanism and how posture affects our ability to breathe and produce good sound. - Exercises for practicing breathing and how practicing breathing can help us deal with stress.
Week 2: How the Voice Works
THURSDAY, MAY 14TH
- Basic Technical overview of the voice and basic anatomy including phonation & registration - How posture impacts our ability to breathe deeply and produce a strong voice - Exercises for differentiating the registers
Week 3: Relax & Be Heaard
THURSDAY, MAY 28TH
- How we amplify our sound and color the voice to be more effective and/or beautiful. - How tension impedes our sound and ways to relax the voice and the body - How diction impacts the color of the sound and how to release tension as you speak and sing.
Week 4: Putting it All Together
THURSDAY, MAY 21ST
- Learn how to bring together all of the techniques we have studied to refine your stage presence, presentation skills, and self-confidence.